Firsts and Facts
- # 1 rated fraternity by the Gallup Poll.
- # 1 rated fraternity by Heller Survey.
- # 1 rated fraternity by Bantas for 35 years.
- # 1 rated fraternity by Playboy on 19/20 campuses.
- # 1 rated fraternity for more than 53 years (of 60) by the College Survey Bureau.
- More members than any other fraternity with more than 310,000 men.
- All chapters conduct dry recruitment, and hazing is banned.
- Raises more money for community service than any other Greek organization.
- Education and Leadership Consultants visit each chapter to assist with management and programming.
- First fraternity born in the deep South, having been founded at the University of Alabama on March 9, 1856.
- First fraternity with a national headquarters and the first to build its own headquarters complex. The Levere Memorial Temple in Evanston, Illinois, is the only fraternity headquarters with a chapel.
- First fraternity to establish a leadership school. Started in 1935, ΣAE Leadership School has over 35,000 graduates.
- The quarterly fraternity magazine, The Record, has been published continuously since 1880.
- Student loan program to assist undergraduate brothers with their education.
- Awards program to recognize outstanding contributions of Sigma Alpha Epsilon alumni, undergraduates, chapters, and others to the development of individuals and to the betterment of life in their community.
- Encourages pledge programs which enhance each individual’s personal growth.
- First fraternity to offer a toll-free hazing hotline available for all members, pledges, and parents.
"SAE contributed enormously to who I am today, I always carry a copy of the True Gentlemen with me."
‐ Wayne McIntyre ’64
- Michael J. Rowley ’91
- Robert R. Detardo ’82
- Donald L. Fatzinger ’69
- Ken Schaefer ’63
- Ron Martin ’60
Indiana Beta Chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon at Purdue University • Copyright © 2021